NEW YORK, June xx, 2006 - Elementool, a leading provider of web-based project management tools for developers, including bug, defect, time-tracking and help desk tools, has announced the release of a bug tracking add-in tool for developers using the Visual Studio.NET 2005 platform. It is available free to Elementool’s community of project management solution subscribers.
The latest version of Elementool’s web services-based bug tracking tool deploys directly in the Microsoft VS.NET 2005 development environment. This provides developers with a much easier, more streamlined way to track and save bugs, prioritize and assign bugs to team members, generate bug reports, customize forms and reports to their specific needs, and more, all within the VS.NET platform. It is simple to use, yet provides powerful tracking and reporting capabilities. It is ideal for developers working on small-to-mid-size projects, who prefer not to use the management tool available within Microsoft VS.NET 2005 itself.
“Elementool provides developers with the affordable tools they need to manage the everyday challenges they encounter in their work,” said Yaron Sinai, Elementool CEO. “One big advantage of Elementool’s bug tracking tool to IT professionals is that it is integrated into the Visual Studio interface, and becomes part of the VS.NET environment itself. This makes it very user-friendly and enables developers to multi-task as they work on their projects. Our add-in technology is written in .NET, and uses the web services interface to interact with the Elementool server.”
The new release of the Elementool add-in uses Elementool’s own “Bug Life Cycle Model” to track and resolve issues during development. This model utilizes the following process:
• New bugs and enhancements are submitted; team leaders assign priority to new issues;
• R&D fixes issues according to priority; issues status changed to “Fixed” in Elementool account;
• R& D releases a new internal version; QA checks fixes issues in new release, using Elementool report engine;
• Fixed issues are closed in Elementool by QA; non-fixed issues are re-opened in the Elementool account.
Elementool supports developers and benefits them in the following ways:
• All of Elementool’s tools are web-based. No software or hardware is ever needed -- no database server, web server or client applications need to be installed. Elementool hosts all the applications needed on its website.
• The basic version of Elementool’s bug tracking tool is free, and there are no limits to the number of users who can access the Elementool account. Setting up an account only takes 30 seconds.
• Elementool constantly upgrades and updates its website and applications according to customer requests and needs, so developers are always assured of using the most up-to- date version of products.
• Developers can choose to stop using Elementool at any time, without obligation. When a project is finished, they can simply close their account.
The new Elementool bug tracking add-in for VS.NET 2005 is currently available from the Elementool website.